Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in women, affecting nearly 2.3 million women worldwide, and 1,78,000 cases alone in India, including popular bollywood celebs like Tahira kashyap, Mahima Chaudhry, Mumtaz have suffered from this illness. This is a serious disease with symptoms that can be recognised early on to prevent further damage to the body.
Cancer, as we know, begins when damaged cells begin to multiply at an unusually rapid rate, resulting in cluster formation. Breast cancer is said to be the most common of all cancers. They start in the breast tissues and wrap around the breast. After forming the tumour, these cancerous cells may spread to other parts of the body. This is how cancer cells work.
Breast cancer is classified into several types based on where the disease begins.
- Infiltrating ductal carcinoma: The milk ducts of the breast are where infiltrating (invasive) ductal carcinoma begins. This type of cancer affects 80% of the world’s population.
- Infiltrating lobular carcinoma: this cancer begins in the breast lobules and spreads to surrounding tissue. This type affects 10% to 15% of people.
- Inflammatory breast: this cancer is a rare and aggressive type that looks like an infection. When obstructive cancer cells damage the skin lymph vessels, this type develops.
- Other types include lobular carcinoma, triple negative cancer, and Paget’s disease.
It is preferable to be aware of the early symptoms in order to avoid misdiagnosis or late diagnosis.
- When the size of the breast changes, the symptoms begin.
- A mass or lump forms, which can be as small as a pea.
- Breast or nipple appearance change.
- Redness in the nipple or skin.
- A discharge of blood-stained or clear fluid from the nipple.
Breast cancer in India
The most concerning aspect is that, in comparison to other countries, the disease primarily affects young people in India. Breast cancer may be on the rise due to a poor lifestyle and a lack of proper hygiene in several areas. Furthermore, some clinics and hospitals misdiagnose the disease most of the time, sending the patient to critical care. Not to mention, oncologists in India are in high demand, with a 40% growth rate, making it difficult for many to receive the necessary treatment.
Why the United States?
Because of these reasons, many people from India seek cancer treatment in the United States. Breast cancer affects about 264,000 people, which is low in comparison to India. This means that US oncologists are experts and far ahead of the curve when it comes to treating the disease. America is the best country for cancer treatment because 90 out of 100 women are cancer-free.
Some people want to get treatment in the United States but don’t know how. That’s where MediPocket world comes in. With the goal of connecting Indian patients to US specialists, this cross-border care envisions providing premium healthcare with the click of a button. Furthermore, MediPocket World is affiliated with prestigious hospitals such as MD Anderson Cancer Center, Cleveland Clinic, john hopkins and many others, to ensure that our patients get their desired treatment directly from the United States. Foundations like breast cancer research foundation, American breast cancer foundation, united breast cancer foundation are with us in this journey to provide help to any women who are concerned by this disease.
Sign up to get connected with the best oncologist on board through MediPocket world.