Every other hospital has different units, each based on the level of critical care a patient requires. Whether it is due to a traumatic injury, an accident, or a stroke. Some hospitals have Intensive Therapy Units (ITU), Critical Services Units (CCU), and so on, but the care, machinery, and medications varies.
Difference between ICU and CCU
Although there is little distinction between ICU and CCU, certain hospitals may have two separate units. The first is the critical care unit, which is comparable to an intensive care unit in that it focuses on delivering the finest care possible with skilled physicians. Most patients are monitored for the appropriate amount of time based on their condition. They can keep an eye on the patient’s condition thanks to advanced devices.
In other hospitals, CCU stands for Cardiac Critical Unit, and it is where people with major cardiac problems or those recovering from heart surgery are treated and cared for. The Cardiac Critical Unit is equipped with highly specialised machines and the top cardiac specialists. When a patient does not require 24-hour critical care, they are transferred to another room in the hospital.
Despite the fact that each unit has various treatment procedures and physicians, they are all the same. They both focus on delivering critical care and monitoring patients throughout the day. The same device is sometimes used to monitor the patients.
Some of them include,
- Monitor equipment to Keep an eye on the heart rate, breathing system, and blood pressure.
- Catheters and intravenous lines for hydration and drug administration.
- To check the pulse, use a pulse oximeter.
- In the event of kidney failure, a dialysis machine is used.
- Portable X-ray machine for taking x-rays of the patient on occasion.
- Electrocardiogram and cardiac ultrasound machines are used to check the heart on a regular basis.
- These units also incorporate a temperature management system, ventilators, and a blood gas analyzer.
Some well-known hospitals include sophisticated technologies that can assist doctors in gaining a better knowledge of a patient’s condition.
Global digitization has transformed the medical field today. People now have access to the best specialists from the world’s leading country, the United States. When we think about access to US doctors, we think of MediPocket. Cross-border care connects patients with top US specialists to offer the necessary therapy. People can simply join up for MediPocket and talk with doctors about their critical care needs. Check out the webpage for additional information on critical care in MediPocket.