We’ve all heard of neurological disorders, which disrupt the lives of those who suffer from them. Brain cell damage has far-reaching consequences for our bodies, affecting everything from memory to imagination. Nonetheless, neurological disorders last a lifetime. There are several types of disorders that affect many babies from birth.
Neurological disorders- common types
Autism spectrum disorder and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder are the conditions.
We will investigate these two types and learn more about them.
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a common condition that begins at birth. Babies born with this disorder have communication difficulties, are sensitive to loud noises, have a lack of social interaction, and so on.
The disorder’s cause is unknown, but symptoms may persist if therapy is not provided and children are not socialised enough.
The symptoms may be related to sensory issues such as
- Vestibular symptoms include hopping, moving in a circle, or running at random.
- Visual issues include looking sideways, being interested in random things, and frequently looking at fingers.
- Tactile issues such as being sensitive to touch or being touched, strange walking on toes, and so on
- Auditory issues such as sensitivity to loud noises, fear of mixer grinders, washing machines, and so on
- Slurred speech and early refusal to speak are examples of verbal issues.
Doctors cannot diagnose the disorder in children through blood or imaging tests, but rather through symptoms.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a type in which children demand immediate attention. We all know that other people demand attention in some form or another; in this case, it is combined with hyperactivity. Children may experience constant restlessness, impulsivity, and hyperactivity.
Inactivity is another type of ADHD in which children pay less attention to their surroundings. Children will focus on trivial, insignificant details rather than important ones.
Among the symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder are:
- Children are impatient to have their turn.
- All the time, I’m hyper.
- Having fewer patients
- At times aggressive, etc.
Dyslexia, cerebral palsy, and dyspraxia are other common types of neurological disorders.
If anyone has concerns regarding their kid suffering from any kind of above mentioned disorders, then MediPocket world is here to help. Connecting US specialists with Indian patients is MediPocket world’s speciality. Subscribe and check out the website to know more.