Cancer comes in various types in different organs in the body, but some occur at certain parts where it is subjected to stigma or discrimination framework rather than a deadly disease. Yes, we are talking about cervical cancer, the type begins at the lowermost part of the uterus. Cervical cancer is seen as a stigmatic thing to talk about in many countries.
The reason would be the HPV infection, which leads to the beginning of the cancer in the cervix. HPV is a sexually transmitted infection. Women with cervical cancer fear the judgmental and prejudiced looks from the people, as the topic consists of private parts of womanhood and sexual relationships.
Women are more ashamed to talk about this matter rather than searching for possible treatment methods for it. It’s a high time that people know about this disease and acknowledge it as a deadly illness
Let us have a brief description about cervical cancer.
What is cervical cancer?
Cervical cancer begins on the surface of the cervix, which is located in the lower part of the uterus. When the cells in the cervix change into precancerous cells, the disease begins, the changes happen when women are infected with HPV.The transformation of cells into precancerous cells is portrayed as a sign of cancer, but it should be noted that not all precancerous cells turn out to be cancerous.
There are two types of cervical cancer that affect the cervix. Squamous cell carcinomas and adenocarcinomas. According to reports, 80% to 90% of cancers are squamous cells, with the remaining 10% to 20% being adenocarcinomas.
The following are some of the most common symptoms of cervical cancer:
- Vaginal discharge that is either watery or bloody.
- Menstrual cramps are common.
- Before or after menopause, there may be vaginal bleeding.
- Urination is excruciatingly painful.
- Fatigue and weight loss
- Pelvic/abdominal ache
When any of these unusual symptoms appear, it is best to consult a doctor.
Cervical cancer in India
Approximately, 1,23,907 women in India are diagnosed with this type of cancer. It is the 2nd most frequent cancer among women between the years of 15 and 44 years of age. India is far behind the sexual related thing, even sexual education is a taboo at many parts, which is the reason for the frequent rise in cases every year. Even treatment for this disease is far overlooked in some parts and not accepted by many, leading to the death at the end.
We have learned about this disease and its symptoms. Now it’s time to look for places and experts that can help women in getting rid of this illness.
Cervical cancer treatment from US
This cancer affects approximately 13,960 people in the United States, which is low when compared to India. More than 70% of oncologists in the United States have years of experience in their respective field. This experience and knowledge of the disease, not to mention the hospital infrastructure.
Hospitals are outfitted with cutting-edge technology and world-class facilities that aid in the diagnosis and treatment of any disease. In some unfortunate cases, patients do not have the opportunity to fly all the way to the United States and receive this type of treatment due to a variety of circumstances. We have MediPocket to help us with these unfortunate events.
MediPocket World, a cross-border care service that aims to provide a better treatment plan to Indian citizens, bridges the gap between the top US expert and patients from India easily. Now, any woman can be free to talk about her problems and share the concerns without anyone judging her. Foundations like National cervical cancer coalition, foundation for women’s cancer and prevent cancer foundation help many women to come out of their bubble. Our partners are reputable doctors from the world’s top leading hospitals who share our vision. You can now talk face to face with any US experts by signing up on our website. Have a look at our website to learn more.